Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any Canadians around here with credit problems?

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Sat, May 21, 05 at 14:48

I subscribe to a money management magazine that, as it carries no ads, is totally subscriber driven and pays attention to subscribers' suggestions.

When they make a reference to some issue, their ideas are usually worthwhile.

I guess my feeling is somewhat that if "Canadian MoneySaver" refers to (recommends?) a certain matter - that's good enough for me.

In a recent issue they referred to (I think) a newly published book by Mike Morley, "The Complete Guide to Credit and Credit Repair for Canadians", priced at $24.95.

I haven't read it, so can't comment on its validity or completeness. As I'm pretty well retired from my personal financial advisor business, I don't think that I'll buy it.

As I've had a *lot* of spam offering to help repair my credit, I thought that a (probably) sensible and (likely) rather comprehensive book like this might be helpful to some of you.

If you might be interested, give me a shout - my email address is available here.

In various other threads around here a number of you have learned how I feel about various uses of credit, and means of doing so.

As I've mentioned before - about 20-25 subscribers of the magazine in this area have chosen to meet monthly to discuss various aspects of money management, mainly investing.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend - it's a holiday one, up here.

ole joyful

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any Canadians around here with credit problems?

I'm not Canadian, but do get pretty tight on money matters at times. I think it'll always be an ongoing battle for adjustments and THEN readjustments. We pretty much stay away from credit cards...our light companies, telephone companies, hospotal bills, etc...are like our credit cards.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here