SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momtotwo__2

Dealing with Tax Services

momtotwo__2
15 years ago

Regarding a previous message regarding my friend who is in IRS trouble, he is now trying to decide to use a tax service with accountants and attorneys available to get his mess straight or to use just a tax attorney OR just a good independent accountant. Does anyone have any advice from your knowledge or personal experience with any of these? He has owned a small business and is about 5 years negligent in filing, PLUS I doubt that his records are very well kept.

I also doubt if he kept receipts which he could use to get deductions such gasoline, etc. Major ADD person! Phew! What a mess. I wish I could help him, and sure do wish him luck.

From what I understand, though, this is not real uncommon. For his sake I hope it is simpler than I'm thinking.

Also, does anyone know if the tax services such as the ones advertised on TV are very expensive? This person doesn't have a lot of money and has been barely surviving which is one of the reasons he didn't file to begin with... fear of having to pay what he couldn't.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions