SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uafly1

Bill Payment Problems

uafly1
17 years ago

I bank with Citibank. I use Bill Payment to pay all my bills. Car, Gas, Electric, Cable, Telephone, Association.

The Car, Electric, Cable and Telephone get paid electronically. The Car is set up to pay for 48 months.

The Electric, Cable and Telephone may vary and I enter those in whenever I get the bill.

I choose to pay the Association fee 2 times a year vs. monthly. I've just have it set at a recurring. This is paid by check

Now to the Gas bill. The one varies consistenly so I enter it in monthly. It's paid by check also.

Back in January, I received a bill for $117. I sent up the bill pay, did not think about it. In February, I received a bill for $243. Including a late fee, because they did not receive my Januray payment. I called Citibank, stopped the check and paid the $243 over the phone for a $4.95 convience fee.

March bill comes, not only do I have a late fee, I also have a insuffienct funds fee. Because of course the check finally showed up and when presented was returned. When I made the credit card payment the lady told me that if the check did show up no problem, but it would showed stopped.

I used Bill Payment for the March Bill. No problem.

Yesterday I received the May Bill. $75.95. Including a late charge and a past due amount. My April Bill Payment has not cleared. Again I call the gas company and try to get an explantation of what in the world is going on.

Now I have a past due balance over 30 days. They report to the credit bureau after 30.

I asked how do I fix this? Make a payment for the $4.95 convience fee and that should make my account current. Wait to see if the bill payment clears.

1st problem, Citibank takes the money the day the bill is due, regardless of when it clears, 2nd they report late activity to the credit bureau.

If I were to just mail a check, it could potential get lost as well and I would still be in the same boat.

Anyone else dealt with a situation like this?

Comments (7)