Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for financial tracking software

Posted by blue_fastback (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 3, 11 at 21:35

Can anyone recommend good financial tracking software that will update the value of my investments automaticly. I was using Money but it is not supported any more by Microsoft. I thought about Mint but I dont trust having a third party knowing all my investments.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for financial tracking software

I set up a free account with Yahoo (under a fake name) and use their software to track my investments.

o

Check out MarketWatch.com. I've used it to track portfolio value and research potential investments.

Here is a link that might be useful: MarketWatch.com

o

I'm in the same boat blue ... I only use Money for my investments and to compute anything needed for tax purposes.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to spend the money and go with Quicken. Though I don't want to ... I looked at Mint, and it didn't give me what I wanted.

o

I have used Quicken for a number of years now. I update it every several years (not annually). It works well for downloading and tracking investments. I don't like the idea of my finances being out there on the internet "cloud" so am not interested in anything online.

I fell that Quicken is well worth what I spent for it.

o

I second Quicken. I have been using it since 2004.

o

Does quicken automatically update the value of my invests depending on what the market is doing? This is what I am trying to find. I know I can go to say Vanguards website where I have mutual funds and see what they are doing but because I have investments with different companies, I dont want to go to seveal websites and see how my investments are performing. I want one program that will do the work for me.

o

Yes, it should update if set to do so. If you are having problems look at quicken help, or contact them. They were very helpful to me when I had questions.

Here is a link that might be useful: quicken support

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here