SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beanwabr

Repossession Question

beanwabr
13 years ago

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me here. In November 2010 our van was repo'd with a balance of nearly $12,000. It was a 2004 Town & Country, purchased used in Dec '07. At the time I had a temporary job, then the economy happened and my hubby's business slowed to a crawl; it's taken us this long to see any kind of improvement, just to get back to not being 2 months behind on our bills. I haven't been able to land a job.

The company has sent us letters, called us, not understanding or caring that at one point I had less than a dollar cash on hand and under $10 in my account. Things were so bad, that I thought we were going to be foreclosed on...pay the mortgage or pay for a van we no longer have.

We've been turned over to collections; we got the letter and the number on it shows up on our caller ID but they never leave a message. When I return the call and leave a message, they always call when I'm out.

What will happen now? The vehicle was in my name, home in hubby's name. Someone told me we need to file bankruptcy; so would that be both of us that would need to? Our home right now is under the making home affordable program, so if we did this, would it mess anything up? Also, we're getting a small tax refund; can they take that to apply towards it? How long will this nightmare continue? Thanks for any help - I'm scared of what the future holds.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions