Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
National Do Not Call List Registry

Posted by chemocurl (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 07 at 19:18

I signed up for this years ago, and it has been wonderful not being plagued by so many calls.

I saw the site mentioned in another thread, and thought it worthwhile for the site to have a thread and clickable link of its own.

I noticed too that you can file complaints at the same site, if you get calls from offenders and have been on the Do Not Call list for 31 days.

*Reminder: Even if your number is registered, companies with which you do business may continue to call you. So may charities, political organizations, and telephone surveyors.

You can register at the site, or check your registration, or the registration of others.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: National Do Not Call List Registry

Chemocurl says:

------
Reminder: Even if your number is registered, companies with which you do business may continue to call you. So may charities, political organizations, and telephone surveyors.
------

Indeed. And that is why there are so many telemarketers pretending to do surveys these days.

o

For sure. When they start out by saying "I am not trying to sell you anything" they are.
I still get tons of calls from charities and companies I do business with.
I can't wait for the elections so I can listen to all of those 'vote for ....' messages!

halb

o

I get very few calls from charities. If I do get one, I tell that that I never donate money over the phone, and/or I give locally.

Maybe word has gotten around to not waste their time calling me, as I just am not gonna donate that way.

Sue

o

I'm on the Do Not Call List and recently renewed - you need to do that every 5 years. It's been 5 years since it started, so if you got your name on the list then, you may need to renew. If you have cell phone numbers that you didn't place on the list originally, you can also add them to the list. Although you're not supposed to be able to get these calls on cell phones, it's done all the time. Check the link below for more information.

When I get a call from a charity or organization (exempt from the Do Not Call List), I just request they remove my name AND number from their calling list. I believe, by law, they must do so or chance a penalty. Before the Do Not Call List, I used to keep a small notebook by the phone and would take the persons name making the call, the name and number of the organization, put down the date they called and that I had requested they take my name/number off the calling list. Years ago, you could get a financial reward if they didn't remove your name when requested, and called you again.

-Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: Do Not Call

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here