Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Loan subordination--any guesses?

Posted by tishtoshnm (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 3, 09 at 17:49

We have been hoping to refinance our house during this time of great rates, we have a 1st and 2nd and with the current appraisal we are at a LTV of 91% which greatly increases the cost of PMI.

Any guesses as to whether or not banks such as, say, Wells Fargo, are going to be willing to subordinate 2nd liens for the Freddie Mac Relief Refi program? It really is our only shot at refinancing now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Loan subordination--any guesses?

Hi ttnm,

Any guesses as to whether or not banks such as, say, Wells Fargo, are going to be willing to subordinate 2nd liens for the Freddie Mac Relief Refi program?

Not a clue, unfortunately... and the more I know, the more uncertain I become.

The banks aren't going to be very predictable until after the government stops flying in with surprise alterations, and the industry settles out their uncertainty of such surprise interventions.

Its all a 'duck-for-cover & wait & see' sentiment out there right now.

Cheers,
Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner

o
RE: Loan subordination--any guesses?

Thanks for the response Dave. The mortgage officer we are working with goes to training regarding the program Monday so hopefully I will have more info then.

o
RE: Loan subordination--any guesses???

Well Dave, I have to say you have my respect for being able to wade through all of this day in and day out. I have been working on educating myself in all thisprocess and my head spins but it is becoming clearer. I beginning to see that we will likely not be able to refinance at this time. Our loan is a conventional A-minus with Freddie so I guess that we are pretty much out of luck at this time and will hopefully have more luck in the future.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here