SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tcharles53

bank service charge - need suggestions

tcharles53
18 years ago

It recently came to may attention when I was refinancing a loan that I had been charged a bank service fee for almost two years that should not have been. Here's the story: I was offered (in other words they solcited me) a "select service" account because of doing so much $$ business with this bank. This entitled me to no service charge for checks. Now I admit I do not balance my check book and rely on checking my checks on the phone to see what has cleared. I have however, kept all of my past bank statements. Recently when I went in to refinance, the banker offerred me the "select service" account again. I was a little confused because I thought I had it. When he cheked he stated that I did alreay have it, but the bank (person) had not linked all of my accounts so I was being charged an additional montly fee (because I needed a minimim amount of money to qualify). He refunded the current month's finance charge. I, needless to say am pretty upset. In toto there is over $500 in accrued service charges that should never have been. I have been fighting this - now up to the regional manager. Am being told that it was my responsibility to balance my check book and "catch" THEIR error. They are offerring me 6 months in back fees when I want the total 20 months worth. I am going to battle this out - however, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals
More Discussions