SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
houseful_gw

Medical Savings Account

houseful
18 years ago

I am fed up with insurance companies. I am disgusted that we pay so much in premium and still end up having to pay out of pocket. Yet, if I didn't have any insurance, I could get treated for free (well, free to ME anyway)!

Don't need to bore you with the details, but we are now considering a Medical Savings Account. Over the last 15 years (since marriage), we have been to the doctor no more than 20 times (not including chiropractor, which we decided was more of a luxury anyway). Thankfully our children are healthy, although they are still young and aren't into sports yet, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, the two things that I am concerned about would be those emergency situations and if I have another child and that child does have health issues at birth. As far a doctor visits and prescriptions, I think we can pay as we go. But again, these are very, very rare occasions.

Are there any good sites that can explain the MSA, how it works, etc. I don't want to do anything stupid but I am just sick of what throwing money down the drain, so to speak.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ingram Bay Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Custom Builder Serving the Northern Neck of Virginia - Best of Houzz!