Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New book (mainly Canadian) about Retirement Planning

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 7, 09 at 4:25

Hi folks,

I found a good book at the library the other day, "NEW RULES of Retirement: What Your Financial Advisor Isn't Telling You". It's popular - can only borrow for 7 days, rather than the usual 3 weeks, can't put on hold or renew, and late penalty is $2/day rather than usual 15 cents.

I've written a thread over on "Retirement" - I'll include a link here.

Good wishes for starting early to plan your retirement ... doing a good job ... and getting going early on implementation, as well.

Sure is nice to have a financial cushion during one's earning years, as well: financial freedom!

ole joyful

Here is a link that might be useful: New Canadian Retirement Planning book

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New book (mainly Canadian) about Retirement Planning

Looks like it might be a good read.

Does it mention what regulatory bodies one should contact if one detects broker malfeasance? Not that the regulatory bodies have done much to begin with!

In any case it is good to have as much information as possible BEFORE handing your money over to a stranger.

Here is title I found invaluable during my search for a credible broker.

"Brokerage Fraud: What Wall Street Doesn't Want You To Know"

Tracy Pride Stoneman and Douglas J. Schulz, renowned securities expert witness (www.securitiesexpert.com) about the brokerage industry.

"Douglas J. Schultz and Tracy Pride Stoneman have co-authored what could well be the first truly in-depth examination of the many ways, and potential ways, that the investing public gets ripped off in Brokerage Fraud...This book is based on their many cases, thorough knowledge of securities law and industry procedures. They are the people you want on your side if you ever have a complaint about your financial adviser."

A link that might be useful:

www.brokeragefraud.com/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here