SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

An easy lesson for all adults: that's free (for you - not for th

joyfulguy
15 years ago

Though this lesson is free for you - it's not so for the one suffering the problem!

You've often heard me tell how important it is that every adult build a financial cushion, a fund available in case of emergency. Especially those who are on their own, independent ... and who need to pick up their own life-marbles ... 'cause there's no one else to do it.

For an example of how it feels to be in bad financial straits after having been laid off due to lack of work ...

... read the thread here titled, "I'm really scared".

It's written by a person who was laid off four months earlier ... and hasn't been able to find the work and the paycheque that would make it possible for her to manage her life comfortably.

Many of us financial advisors recommend that folks have *at least* three months' worth of income available on short notice in case of need ... and I hope that you'll note that this lady has been able to manage for four months since her layoff.

Many folks live on such a financial edge that if they don't get two paycheques ... they are in such a financial bind that they're screaming bloody murder.

How would you be managing, today ...

... if you'd been laid off four months ago ...

... and had had no income since then??

Millions in our parts of the world have had to deal with that issue in recent times.

There'll be more, before this is done.

And many of the former high-profile and manufacturing jobs have gone forever.

Millions in other parts of the world have had almost no income to deal with ...

... for all of their lives.

As have generations before them.

But that's not my point at the moment.

Right now ... I hope that some of you who have lived a precarious financial existence ...

... will start on a plan to give yourself a cushion ...

... some money available in case ...

... your paycheque stops ...

... and you have no money available to keep you afloat for a while.

Without sweating blood - that's no fun, I assure you.

Plan now ... and start to implement your plan ... in order to achieve some wiggling room ... some financial freedom ... in case that paycheque stops!!

Dad used to say (and there used to be a song with that theme), "You never miss the water ... till the well runs dry!!".

Water is important ... can't live without it!!

Good wishes for planning a cushion underneath ...

... when you fall on your ass ...

... or on your face, either, for that matter: ...

... ramming one's nose into a cushion ...

... is better than into gravel ... asphalt ... or concrete!

Trust me - it is!

ole joyful

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions