SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gmp3_gw

Unauthorized charge on a debit card

gmp3
11 years ago

I had a birthday party for my husband at a resturant. I noticed they did not put some of the food I ordered out, but there was plenty of food, so I didn't make a big deal out of it as we were busy celebrating, and the catering manager I was dealing with wasn't there. I requested that I be asked if additional food was put out up to a certain amount, and I was never asked. At the end of the evening, the bartender gave me a billl for the drinks which I paid with my debit card. I asked about the catering charges and she said I would be billed. Yesterday I got an email with a lump sum, no breakout of the charges, tax or gratuity, so I emailed back indicating one of the items worth about 100 was not served, and that I'd like an itemized bill, as the amount seemed high.

I was in business meetings today and when I returned home I noted I had no email arrived from the catering manager, but that they debited the account I used to pay for the bar bill the full amount of the invoice. I never authorized this, nor did they ask for a card before the party.

This seems unethical and possibly illegal. what should I do. I intend to pay for what was s served, but not for food plus a tip on food that was not served.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions