SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liz_h_gw

My $460/hour part time job

liz_h
16 years ago

The only catch is that there's only about 2 hours worth of work involved.

I recently got one of those 0% credit card offers from BIG FRIENDLY BANK. There is no fee for balance transfers, and 0% interest through June 10 of next year. When I applied for the card, I asked for a $5,000 balance transfer from the card I actually use.

With one phone call, BIG FRIENDLY BANK raised my CR limit to $20,000, and sent another balance transfer payment to my regular credit card. Total amount is now $19,700.

I then called my credit card company and asked them to refund the credit balance on the account. Today I deposited the check in the bank. In one week I'll transfer it to my money market account at CountryWide, where it will earn 4.05% for 14 and a half months.

When I get my first statement, I'll set the bill up as an auto-payment each month. I won't have to fuss with it each month, nor risk losing the 0% rate.

Actually my earned rate will vary. It will probably be lower at some point, and I'll likely earn less than $920 interest. But even if it drops in half (which I don't expect) it will still be worth my time to do this. Since we're both retired and in poor health, the money will be much appreciated. But I _really_ get a kick out of playing the system to take advantage of a credit card company. They earned plenty of interest from me in my young and foolish days.

The surprising thing is that this is the 3rd time I've done this with the same bank!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions