SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
behaviorkelton

If stocks were cheap then, why not now?

behaviorkelton
16 years ago

Through the entirety of last year, I recall hearing it said... as if it were well understood... that stocks were priced quite nicely/cheaply even after the market occasionally surged.

The market is now down... and then down some more... and it seems that all are running for the hills.

There are tons of articles on the net about "safe havens" for your money. Even CNBC's Kramer seems to be fully bearish.

There is also lots of talk about especially worrisome conditions that could spell doom... consumer debt being one of them.

Still, if stocks were priced reasonably 10 months ago, you'd think that they were REAL reasonable now... wouldn't you?

I have to admit, I am feeling the tide and am inclined to join the lemmings and stay out of the market.

I mentioned this in another post, but every time I go with my gut (joining the lemmings), I have lost money.

Frankly, I'm not seeing *anyone* on CNBC or elsewhere even discussing the notion that we should move in while the get'n is good.

Actually, there are a few key investment decisions that I am pondering:

1. Should I get into the stock market and, possibly, capitalize on a temporary pull back? (even two years is temporary)

2. Should I join the crowd and get out/stay out of the market?...and join them in investing in commodities/precious metals?

3. Should I, intead, look for another house that has a more-than-fair asking price?..and renting my current, very small house instead of selling it. (This is sort of like buying into the stock market while prices are depressed)

4. Just keep the savings in a 3% guaranteed savings account?

Number four is certainly boring, but easy!

Kelton

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions