Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

tax question whether to amend return or not

Posted by saypoint (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 17, 06 at 19:03

My stepson claimed himself in 2004, and found out when he got a letter that his mother claimed him as a dependent that year. She also got a letter.

He's filing an amended return without claiming himself.

Does she have to file an amended return? Technically, her return is now correct, and she can claim him.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: tax question whether to amend return or not

As long as he really follows through, it seems that her existing return is correct. What would there be for her to amend?

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here