Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Collection Agency and Validation??

Posted by wnlbutterfly (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 22, 04 at 18:44

Not sure if it's validation or verification...I get confused. I got my TU Credit Report (well, actually hubby's as he brings in most of the income). And there is only three issues on there to deal with (which considering what we have been through isn't bad).

One is an old medical bill that is in collections. What do I send to this CA to get more info? It is only 1 year from being SOL (statute of limitations), and only $300. If I were to pay it off, what is the best way to get them to update the credit report so that it is showing improvement?

The second is a Tire company card which I just paid off, so that should get taken care of quickly (did dispute online).

And the third was just an update on the Cap 1 that I paid off recently as well. Any suggestions is appreicated. THANKS

Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Collection Agency and Validation??

Before sending any money, you might contact the collection agency and have them send you a copy of the bill and what you owe. Also you might contact the medical office to make sure they have turned the bill over to the collection agency you are dealing with. Some collection agencies will send notices to all those with like/similar names, even though they don't owe any money.
Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here