Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CONGRATULATIONS (and Deep Gratitude) to My Community!!!

Posted by dave_donhoff (dwdonhoff@hotmail.com) on
Sun, Mar 11, 07 at 18:27

CONGRATULATIONS (and Deep Gratitude) to My Community!!!

SOMEHOW, you all DID it! I am FREE again!!!

To quote the good Dr. Martin Luther King;
"Free at last! Free at last! Thank God almighty, we are free at last!"

I want you all to know that I have been humbled in my appreciation of all of your comments while I have been gone... even those (and ESPECIALLY those) of the few who otherwise sometimes have opposing views of my own. (If we all naturally thought alike, we'd have nothing to learn in life ;~)

When I initially foud myself blocked, it occured with no warning, and no explanation. When I attempted to send inquiries through the "contact us" channels at the page footer there was no answer... and then several days later (after you'd all started howling in protest,) I received one message from someone who appeared to be an assistant or somehow an indirect moderator... as this respondant apparently wasn't exactly sure why I had been banned either. She referenced a suspicion that it had something to do with "indirect solicitation."

Of course... "indirect solicitation" is such a nebulous, cloudy indictment, its something I can't avoid if I don't know exactly what it is (and I am certainly willing to avoid any and all overt or expressed solicitations... that's not my purpose here.) SO, I responded back to this person asking for clarity, and for the Moderator's preference as to how they prefer I identify my background for credibility (among the many anonymous opinions) while remaining clean of any offending solicitation.

To date (and this was many many moons back now,) I have not heard back from this assistant or anyone else from the Moderators. If any of them read this post, I am still very much open to your feedback.

MEANWHILE... the Community has OBVIOUSLY made their voices heard! I just received a 'heard it from a friend' type of rumourous comment that I have been cleared to return to participate "due to heavy commentary," and for this I am very warmly grateful!!!

When I was initially enzombied, I told another friend it was as if I had been given the "Charles Dickens'" gift of temporary non-physical death, with the magic of peering back to the comments being made of my prior presence. It was certainly a warm and endearing surprise... thank you ALL very very very much!

LASTLY... about my moniker & sig file here. I'd previously thought it through & designed it to be descriptive of indsutry & specialty without any specific corporate reference or solicitation-type spin. I still expect (especially after the magic of being dead & watching the commentary) that it has been received by the community the same way I have intended.

SO... since the Moderator(s) have silently revived me, and knowingly remained silent to my requests for guidance on more appropriate signature file identification... I am going to proceed to participate in the same manner as before.

UNTIL GUIDED OTHERWISE!
I would really like to re-state that if any Moderator is here and would have a better method for me to use, PLEASE DO contact me at your convenience. I'm the friendly sort... willing to shift to fit when it operates within the right values!

I AM EXCITED TO GET BUSY WITH YOU ALL... SO MANY THREADS TO ADDRESS!!!!

Cheers,
Dave Donhoff
Strategic Equity & Mortgage Planner

PS... PLEASE... any & all who have an opinion about all this... follow in on this thread. Good? Bad? Bored? I'm glad to be back with you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CONGRATULATIONS (and Deep Gratitude) to My Community!!!

Welcome back, Dave!

I wrote to the moderators on your behalf. I never received a reply either, but apparently the chorus must have been a large one.

It is true that I read your signature as simply a declaration of your "qualifications" and not as direct advertising. As I recall, many others felt the same way, too.

I thought you'd fallen victim to "the magic eraser". :)

o

We bought our house 4 years ago. You provided great free advice. Check in now and again to keep up to date. Was very upset to hear you were banned. Site made the RIGHT decision to allow you to PARTICIPATE again.

Thanks again for all the time you spend here helping others for FREE!

o

Welcome back, Dave! One of the strongest attractions of THS for me are people like you who are willing to share their current practical knowledge of the subjects we discuss. Glad to see you here again.

o

Great to have you back, Dave!

It brought a smile to my face when I saw the news!

What's this "indirect solicitation" ...

... sort of like a wink on the part of a prostitute?

... or (what?) on the part of a lawyer?

Looks like we rattled their chain a bit.

I am gratified that it appears that they're willing to listen to reason.

Enjoy your stay.

ole joyful

o

YAY!!! Happy to see you back, Dave!

o

wonderful news !!!!

welcome back dave

karla

o

Good to have ya back, Dave!

o

Welcome back!

o

Congrats and Welcome back!

In the days of Spike (grrrrr at just the mention of his name) I spent a little time at Disney...sure was no fun being on the outside, just being able to look in, without being heard.

Sue...who enjoys your input here.

o

Welcome Back!
Even though I do not plan to sell, buy or finance, your advice is great for any type of loans.

o

....logging in from a cafe on vacation in Florida...

Just wanted to say welcome back! I did miss quarreling with you about leverage and annuities and all that! :) Shoot, we might not always agree, but banning you struck me as kind of strange.

Also, we really needed you on a couple recent threads/questions on mortgage financing options. Get to it!

o

Hey! Welcome Back! Dave

o

Hurray! So glad you're back, Dave.

o

Amazing -- someone did the right thing for once :-)

o

Now, say something, Dave ...

... so we can argue some more!

o j

o

Hi OJ...

"The sky is blue!"

Seriously... I've been 'sayin stuff' all over these durn boards the last few days... LOL! Glad nobody's getting totally sick of me & pestering the monitors to rezombify me ;~)

Cheers,
Dave Donhoff

o

Haven't heard from you for a while, Dave.

Don't tell me they've tied a tin can to your tail ...

... again??

Speak to me, Dave!

ole joyful

o

I was wondering that myself!! Where's Dave????

o

Hi Joyful & Sparksals,

Yes, I am here. For some unexplainable reason SOMETHING changed at the GardenWeb servers, and my log-in won't save....

Which means E-V-E-R-Y time I want to visit the boards, I have to deal with a laborious "Flash" presentation of some type or another before I can then scroll down and re-log in (even if I click the "save me" box.)

I hadn't noticed much recently in the way of financial or economic questions & conversations (not that I thought I'd be a significant contribution to,) so I had fallen into checking every few days, as opposed to hourly (as when I am frantically juggling conversations all over the web.)

Thanks for thinking of me! I definitely think of you, and fear naught, I *AM* dropping by & eyeballing the threads from time to time.

Hope you're all having an awesome weekend!
Dave Donhoff

o

Dave I was having the same problem as well. I thought one of my antispyware programmes was deleting my cookies.

o

Dave,

Some time ago I had to send them a message asking what my password was.

I've used it enough lately that I'd have a hard time forgetting!

Don't tell me that you aren't interested in how to get some relief from student loan problems ...

... or debt consolidation, to deal with your debts, etc.

Glad you're still alive ...

... and active here.I've got my tail ccaught in thescreen door a couple of times lately ... but with the posters, not with admin.

Hope yOu're having a great week.

I watered my garden, picked a couple of squash (would you be interested in a zucchini? I have surplus!

And got thetail ights fixed on my car (needed fuse) ...

it seems that they get a bit upset if onetravels without tail lights,

but old farts like me don't ttravel much at night ...

... are you kidding? I'm often out at night.

ole joyful

o

This might help: In IE version 6, go to Tools/Manage Add-ons. In there is a list of all the extra programs that IE uses (like flash, java, etc.) Click 'shockwave flash object' and then select the 'disable' radio button under Settings. This should get rid of most of the annoying junk.

Of course, you'll have to reverse it if you want to watch YouTube....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here