SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marciabanner

disability benefits terminated

MarciaBanner
21 years ago

My husband had a massive stroke while driving home from work in Sept. 1998. He had worked for the same company for thirty years. He is now on permanent disability. In August of 2001 his company was sold. In October of 2002 the new owner filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. On Friday,

March 14, 2003 we got a letter from the company telling us that effective Monday March 17, 2003 our health and life insurance benefits would be cancelled. Our only income is his Social Security disability and the little I make working part time (which offers no benefits). I can only work part time because his condition requires almost constant monitering. Cobra will be $700.00 a month which is out of the question for us to be able to pay. His meds are very expensive his is on medicare which covers some of his doctors fees. Also by cancelling his $60,000 worth of life insurance will leave me with nothing because he will not be able to get any because of his health. We are both 52 and he wasn't in the service so VA benefits aren't an option. Does anyone have any ideas as to what we can do in a situation like this.

Marcia

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions