SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muddbelly

Dont do Vonage with DSL

muddbelly
16 years ago

I recently decided to save a little loot switching to vonage after being bombarded with the commercials. It was friday night around 9pm when I did everything over the internet to join. I got to keep my same phone number, and it looks like I would save e few bucks a month. I felt good.

About 30 minutes later, I get an email saying there is a problem with my switch. Since my DSL number was the same number I was trying to switch, I was told I needed to get another phone line, switch my DSL to that number, and then I could switch my number - if not done in 10 days, they would change my number.

Well, having just moved, I know "just getting another phone line" involved paying to get another line. I didn't want a new number either, so I decided to just cancel my order. This is where the BS begins.

After waiting through at least 20 mins of Muzak, I was connected to an operator who told me cancellations can only happen MON-FRI 9-5. I told her no, just cancel it now - I just ordered online and I want to cancel. At NO TIME during the ordering was I told I needed to purchase another phone line. The main reason people have DSL is so they can surf & talk on the same phone line. No help, but she said that she noted on the account to cancel.

So I call back Monday to cancel and I find that they had already shipped the phone device, and I was going to have to pay to return it. I also was charged a cancellation fee. While I will get back the charges eventually, I am still stuck with the hassle of returning the damn box they sent.

Vonage sucks.

Comments (4)