SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wnlbutterfly

Working on Credit Score.....

wnlbutterfly
20 years ago

I think I did something right. The lender was surprised hubby's numbers were so low with the small amount of debt we have, and I have been researching using creditnet (great site).

Anyway, we had one Credit Card, which he had recently paid off and it hadn't been reported as paid, so it is one that would have shown that the card was about 100% over limit (limit was $250...late fees/interest jumped it up to $479), so now that will be removed.

And today I decided to send in an extra payment to the other credit card that is on hubby's account. The Limit on it is $500, and it was at $400, so sending in an additional $200 payment. I figure that will take our "utilization" to some better numbers, spending limit= $750, used was $879, and now it will be only used $200. And since that is 30% of the FICO scoring, that surely will help.

I am hoping that when it is time to actually sign lender papers for our mortgage, and they pull the final credit report it will be better numbers and maybe a smidge better interest rate, although I am pleased with what we are getting at the moment, but better is always...well, better.

Laura

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors