Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Late on my credit card

Posted by stir_fryi (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 27, 09 at 12:02

I just realized my JC Penny was due four days ago (a whopping 32 dollar balance). I am going in to pay it today with the $15 late fee (that will teach me).

They don't actually report it on your credit report unless you a whole billing cycle late -- correct?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Late on my credit card

Ask JC Penney what their policy is.

o

They will only report it if it is 30 days or more late.

o

If this is the first time you are late ask them to wave the late charge.

I missed a payment on my Discover Card for the first time last year. I had the card since 1995. They called me and I paid it over the phone, somehow I had missed the bill. When I asked they not only waved the late fee they waved the interest charges, too.

o

Discover Card has the greatest customer service besides being able to make free pay by phone payments.

They have waived interest too on me, when I accidentally did not get the call in soon enough to pay off the monthly balance. I have the minimum payment taken out of my checking account automatically to be assured there will never be a late payment, thus a late fee charge.

o

I figured out why I was late. My card was ALWAYS due on the last day of the month. I opened it yesterday and it due 3/24/09.

So I called and JCP told me they changed my billing cycle and notified me last September (like I'd remember).

So, I asked if they could please remove the late charge and she said no problem.

So, that made me happy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here