SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathie54_gw

I'm so worried right now...

cathie54
17 years ago

I have enjoyed reading many of the threads and posts. Everytime I read them, it gets me mentally motivated to do something to improve our financial situation. Always - while reading, I think I want to sell everything I own, pay off ALL debts, live on the slim, and put $$$ away! LOL! I was reading late last night (Wednesday) - all night, about LTC. - Very confusing...but something has been bugging me for years now - "shouldn't we have life insurance or ???"

I have CC debt which I've been concentrating on paying off, and I've stuck to my pay plan.

My "SO" and I bot house almost 3-1/2 years ago. We have joint ownership with right of survival.

"Hubby" - (SO) - just got his new office set up last month. It's a small space and nothing fancy. He has a one year lease on it.

I wanted to at least start a discussion with SO this (last evening - Thursday) about LTC or??? you know? Just to plant some seeds to start thinking seriously about it...toss some thoughts around, etc.

Well, yesterday he came home from work with news that he might be - (probably is) getting sued! Thru the ongoings of where he was last employed. Hubby has always tried his best to be honest/professional - (on the "straight & narrow"). He just ended up working with the wrong jerk.

What this means is, depending on what happened, he may lose his license. Which means his NEW company which he just started might be in jeopardy - and he has a lease & lot's of money invested in that. Which means no income.

PLUS, NOW I'm worried about our HOUSE and being homeless!

I'm on Perm Disability and cannot work.

He's going to call an attorney today (Friday).

I am so worried and scared. I'm sure this happens a lot? But this is a first for us!

I tried to assure hubby that everything will work out OK, but darn! I'm in panic mode. I do NOT want to lose the house over this. This last move just about did me in, and we had help! NO WAY I can handle another move! I HOPE it doesn't come to that...I really don't know anything anymore.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz