SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

car insurance non-renewal

neetsiepie
18 years ago

A few years ago I was involved in a very bad car accident (not my fault) and because I carried higher insurance limits than the other party, we ended up suing my insurance co for the difference between the policies. Amazingly my insurance co paid the full difference.

During that period we had trouble with a claim...turned out we didn't make a claim but DID get a mess of trouble stirred up regarding the customer service (LOOONG story). We were pretty sure we'd get dropped at renewal. But that didn't happen.

We also have home insurance with the Co. and get long term and multi-car discounts too.

My DH got a hefty ticket, so that bumped our premiums up a bit. Then just the other day I got in another car accident (while fault is disputed, it's likely the other party who made a left hand turn in front of me will be found at fault). So now we're SURE they're going to drop us.

We've never been dumped by an insurance co, so we're not sure how this might affect us getting coverage by another company. Also, there is the matter of the house insurance...I hear horror stories of people not being able to GET insurance. Should I be shopping for new insurance NOW, wait to see what happens, or what? We were thinking of changing insurance anyway, so any suggestions on who to check with? We're currently with American Family.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts