SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
busyasabee_gardenweb

Electric Bill came - kwh usage tripled!

busyasabee
18 years ago

Our PEPCO electric bill came in today, and I was floored when I saw the the bill for $337.66 which covers period from 1/19/06 and 2/16/06. The bill states kwh used was 3850kwh.

Now this is a deviation from our monthly electric bills. We live in 1200sq ft townhouse, my husband and I have lived here for 14 years, and our average monthly usage of electricity is 1200kwh, which runs about $120/month. No gas, so everything runs on electricity, but still this month's kwh usage is still puzzling to me. I can't imagine, how in the world my husband and myself could of used up 3850kwh within 28 days! We haven't done anything different, didn't plug any new appliances, and in fact since this past month the weather has been mild in our area, we have lowered our thermostat to 65. We normally keep it at 69.

Anything unusual like this ever happen to you?.......where suddenly kwh usage tripled for no apparent reason?

Any suggestions on what could be increasing the kwh usage?

I'm still waiting to hear back from electric company, frustrating trying to deal with them.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia