Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Phone and internet service

Posted by blue_fastback (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 8, 07 at 19:16

Anyone using Earthlink's True Voice phone service and or internet sevice? I am currently using Talk America phone and DSL service and thinking of dropping them. Earthlink is advertising $19.95 phone service and $29.95 internet for 6 months regular price of $41.95. I was wondering about there service and if they were going to add another $25 in taxes and fees to the phone bill like Talk America does? Are there other inexpensive services out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Phone and internet service

It wouldn't work for everyone, but for long distance I use my cell phone (if I have the minutes) and Skype.

With Skype, I can use the internet to talk to anyone else who is signed up (it's free). They also have very cheap prices to call a telephone number. The downside is that you need to have a fast internet connection. My sister and I both have fast internet and we are both signed up. So if I need to call her, I'll use the cell phone to say "I'm going to Skype you" and then we both get on the computer and chat as long as we want free.

It's not a substitute for regular phone service, but it saves me a lot of money in long distance calls.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here