SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolssis

Is this a bad idea?

carolssis
20 years ago

We are considering moving all of our insurance to the same company. 2 cars, house, and possibly life insurance. I called around and got quotes, for both cars and homeowners insurance, one company gave me a better rate for the cars, but not for homeowners. If we chose to go with them for all of it, we would save money, even with the higher premium for homeowners. Also, what is the insurance called that pays off the loan if a person dies? Is it called mortgage insurance? We don't have that and should. Our present homeowners company has just sent me a nasty letter regarding our claim for loss, and basically threatened me that they would consider it closed if they did not hear from us in 15 days, although the policy states that we have 1 year to make the claim. I was under the impression that the claim was made the day I called them to tell them of the theft. Am I wrong? If this is the kind of treatment we get, I don't want it. AND they don't even have my first name right. So, mortgage insurance? all at one company? and when is claim made?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions