SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oceanbaby_gw

Where To Start

oceanbaby
15 years ago

I'm writing for my niece and her husband who have two children (one first grade, the other pre-school 3 days a week in the a.m.)They live in cental New Jersey. Husband is a driver for Federal Express - wife has a small part time job when boys are in school. They live in a very small "affordable housing" condo which they bought about 5 years ago for $125,000. Total salary between $40,000 and $45,000 depending upon over time, etc. Mortgage $830. a month, quarterly association dues $150. sewer $100. a year. Total per month for electricity, heat, phone, cable and water is: $445. Both in their late 30's, excellent credit rating, never missed a payment on anything. Unable to re-finance as their rate is in the high 5's.

They are STRUGGLING each month to keep up. Savings about $2,000.

What I am asking does anyone have any suggestions on where I can go or where I can start to try and get them some assistance or advice to keep them a little more above water? It's a very anxious existence for them trying to live from day to day as they are a family trying to do everything right and I'm afraid they are falling through the cracks.

I just need some direction. Thank you.

Comments (11)