Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beware of cheap stuff.

Posted by goldy (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 3, 09 at 15:57

I brought a book on line.First time user only $5.00 off"The book came to .25.Well each month I was being charged 29.95 plus a 1.00 for this cheap book.It seems I agreed to pay this amount to join a saving club to buy stuff even if I did not.I was able to call my credit card company and they said they would put a stop to it.If any of you have grandparents or old people out there stop by and look at their credit card statements and see if all is right with their bills.If anyone is interested in the company I will send it to you by Email.A complete ripoff.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beware of cheap stuff.

No need to beware of cheap stuff...

beware of joining savings clubs with monthly fees!

o

The monthly fees were hidden in the book order.To this day I don't know where it was on the order blank.

o

What goldy says about keeping an eye on elderly parents is good advice - if you can figure out how to do it without being intrusive. Scammers and thieves don't care what age a person is when they steal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here