SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

In the works- $5 or $10 Verizon land lines!

I for one will 'always' have a land line with Verizon and see now that sometime in the future it may get a lot cheaper for some folks.

Taken from the link below:

The $5 service in question would allow for unlimited incoming calls and the ability to place a call to 911 and to Verizon's customer support line. The $10 service in consideration would also include unlimited outbound local calls. Both services are basic connection plans and exclude features such as call-wating, call-forwarding and caller ID.

I would guess that on the $10 plan that one could also opt for being able to access long distance for an additional fee, plus the cost per minute of course.

In 'some' instances it might be just the thing to save some customers some bucks. It would 'not' be for me though as I use my phone a good deal, often having nice long visits especially since I have limited driving (using gas) when not necessary. I often have coffee and nice visits via phone with friends. I would not want to be without call-waiting as I know how frustrating getting a busy signal can be.

During a 3 day power outage last year, it was so nice to still be able to check on loved ones and visit via my land line hardwired phone that didn't go out or require charging.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Please hold: Verizon's $5 phone plan still up in the air

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz