SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alphacat_gw

Any suggestions for dealing with illegal telemarketing robocalls?

alphacat
15 years ago

I am on the federal do-not-call list. I live in New Jersey, where automated telemarketing calls are illegal. Nevertheless, I am getting several automated telemarketing calls per week. These calls come in two forms:

1) "Don't be alarmed but we have an urgent message for you about your current credit-card account. There is no problem with your card, but we want to inform you that this is your last opportunity to reduce the interest rate on your current card..."

2) "We have made several attempts to reach you about the warranty on your vehicle..."

I do not have caller ID, but if I did, I am confident that the phone numbers would be blocked or forged. My wife tried once to obtain the company name on one of these calls; all she was able to get was "Credit card services." Something tells me that's not a real company name.

The FTC says that in order to file a complaint, you need company name and phone number as well as date and time.

Any suggestions for getting rid of these clowns? Asking them to put me on their no-call list is unlikely to work because they are already ignoring the federal no-call list.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
More Discussions