SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmae17

More on Auto Repo

cmae17
16 years ago

In Texas the only option for the finance company is to get the truck..sell it for about 60% of value and get a judgement for the rest. He's upside down on a 9500 truck owing 13000 (payoff). I think she would owe about 8000 when they're done with her. After a judgement they can go after her bank accounts but I think ira's are safe from this type of thing. The divorce may say the truck is his but this does not remove her liabilty from the truck.

He's the father of my dau.'s 21 yr. old daughter and we hadn't seen him for 20 yrs. When they got together again he owed her 42000 in back child support and interest. The first thing my dau. did was have the interest $14000 removed from his account leaving only the child support. She tried to delete the whole thing but was told by the state she'd have to have an attorney for that. So right off the bat she took 14000 of his debt away. Then she cosigned the truck as he had another bigger support case showing in his credit file. I think he saw my dau. as a "ticket to ride". Married one yr. he became abusive, actually threw her thru the wall breaking her hand because she stayed up late to help her 12 yr. old with homework after she missed a few days of school being sick.

At this point she pays his insurance to protect herself. She's just totally depressed feeling no matter what she does someone gets the best of her. I know, she did it herself but knowing that doesn't help in this matter. Thanks folks.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions