SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ericaa_gw

lost ID

ericaa
18 years ago

Hi All,

Lost my wallet a couple of days ago at a golf club. I checked the carts, golf bags etc as soon as I realised it was lost (after playing an average nine holes), told everyone I could find there, had the golf club people recheck the carts, and drove around the course the next morning searching. It turned up tonight - a man called me to let me know he had found it in his golf cart and he had it. The money that had been inside was gone, but everything else remained - credit cards, ID AND my social security card, which I had been carrying because I couldn't remember the number. I know now why it's such a no-no. My question is (sorry I took so long getting to the point) what can I do to prevent identity theft, knowing that someone dishonest (whoever took the wallet and money from my golf bag or cart in the first place) had a good look around inside my wallet, and now may have my Social Security number, DOB, nationality, address, and credit card deets (cancelled now)? The info on the Social Security Administration website says that you can't change your SS# unless you have actual evidence of identity theft.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions