Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Target/Neiman's data breech

Posted by xminion (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 15:28

So it appears that a Russian kid hacked over 100 million accounts. I ask you...has your spending behavior changed at Target/NM's or elsewhere?

Personally I stopped shopping a Target a long time ago when they started scanning Driver's Licenses for booze purchases.

In fact, they still are scanning DL's - apparently they don't see anything untoward with this!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Target/Neiman's data breech

It must have been a very serious security breach because my CU sent a letter to everyone who had used their CC at Target. The letter said if we did not block the credit card they would block it after 30 days. The CU has told us before to get a new card because of problems, but never ever said they would block it. I have a new card and the first time I went to Target after that I was a little concerned so I wrote a check. I am sure it has been taken care of by now. Target is my favorite store, even though I spend more at Walmart because of the lower prices.

o

I spend cash at Target. Actually, I spend cash for all purchases under about $100.

o

There are no Target Stores in Vermont, and no Neiman Marcus either.

I cut up my credit cards years ago and use cash whenever I can. It's fun today watching cashiers figuring out how to make change.

o

Using my CC is the best way of purchasing that I have found. I don't recommend it for young people but for me it is wonderful. Much better than writing checks and I will not carry a lot of cash around. It is so easy to write a check at my desk once a month.

o

Mssg removed as it was OT.

This post was edited by mxyplx on Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 8:15

o

Target's cash customers ...

... aren't sweating blood/bullets in the last month or so.

ole joyful

o

I use my cc there and I was not sweating bullets either. My CU takes very good care of it's customers. They notified us right away.

o

Not changing a thing...

o

luann do you mean you are not changing your CC number?

I knew there was a reason not to get a rewards card anywhere. That is what gives them you name and address and maybe you phone number. Who ever got the information about Target's customers have your name and address if you have a rewards card.

This post was edited by EmmaR on Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 13:01

o

"luann do you mean you are not changing your CC number? "

Right.
My credit accounts have not been compromised.

And as far as address and phone number goes... those are in the phone book.

(PS - I have never had a DL scanned at Target!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here