SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Too Much Money and No Credit

chisue
13 years ago

This has been frustrating. We decided to start accepting credit cards from guests in payment for our Maui vacation condo. The condo is owned by a trust, of which DH and I are trustees.

The CC processing company wanted to see MY credit report before approving the contract -- although all money concerning the property flows in and out of the trust account.

All three credit reports on my DH and me have been frozen for many years. I unfroze one this company wanted to access.

Oh-oh, the company doesn't like my credit report; they want our bank to fax them information. The reason given: They are afraid I won't be able to pay the $35 fee should a guest at the condo contest charges.

Our bank has now faxed the company our cash balance -- six figures. Do you suppose that will suffice?

We have no mortgages. We pay our CC's in full every month and have a revolving 'draw' on each card that is in five figures. We own our car outright. We have never been delinquent on utility bills, RE taxes, condo association fees, payments to the rental agency we employ, our cleaner, the IRS, the State...etc.

What's *wrong* with us? I'm thinking of the movie "The Way We Live Now".

Comments (8)