SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scryn

FHA and Mortgage insurance.

scryn
17 years ago

Ok, we have an FHA loan and we have to pay 78% loan to value ratio to get rid of our Mortgage insurance. Now, we have paid that IF you look at the value of our house (as it has gone up over the five years we have had the house) We haven't gotten down to 78% IF you look at the price we paid for the house. I called our mortgage bank about getting rid of the MI. The bank is a HUGE provider of mortgages (name brand, I won't mention it here) and it basically now a bunch of idiots who don't seem to know anything. The first woman I talked to said I would have to have MI forever, untill I pay off the entire mortgage.

So, I figure that they don't know much about what they are talking about so I thought I would ask you guys first...

Should the value of my house (being used to determine if I pay MI) be the FIRST appraisal, when I purchased the house OR the new house appraisal!?

They did send me a letter (finally) saying I would have to pay off over 10 grand to get rid of MI, however with my new house value I shouldn't have to do this.

thanks,

Renee

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions