SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garyfla_gw

Home insurance

garyfla_gw
10 years ago

Hi
i live in florida and since the back to back hurricanes The rates have skyroceted . For example had state farm since buying the house in 79 After 04 hurricane rates jumped to a bit over 200 bucks a month !! Before I could recover from the shock they stopped all coverage in my area. lol. Since the house is paid for decided to drop the insurance and put the money into a fund which so far has worked well have 6 in the fund and adding the deductible
of 2500 brings it to 8500.. i realize this is a drop in the bucket to replacement costs so am considering insurance again.
While shopping around i noticed great changes in wording. Deductibles and exclusions. For example Hurricane as opposed to wind damage water as opposed to flood damage Patial as opposed to total loss , Several limits on total damages and of course repair as opposed to replacement No temporary living
allowance at all. many others that completely escaped me . How do I wade through all this?? I'm tempted to chuck it and increase the "Disater fund" lol Any suggestions. Thanks gary

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions