Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What other auction agencies than ebay?

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 19, 04 at 1:16

I've heard of there being other auction agencies than ebay.

Do some of you have directions about where to find them?

Thanks for your guidance.

joyful guy/Ed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What other auction agencies than ebay?

Ed, try this link. I've used Ebay, but none of the others.

Greta

Here is a link that might be useful: Auctions List

o

Try ioffer.com and livedeal.com. They aren't 100% auctions. You can list your items at no cost and negotiate with potential buyers.

o

Depending on what you're selling, there are other on-line possibilities (for instance, http://www.audiogon.com for audio gear).

But kittiemom actually provided you with two answers: the auction list and the fact that she (like almost everyone else) hasn't gone anywhere but eBay. Other auction sites exist, but eBay is the 800-pound gorilla in that arena right now.

I have "notify-me" searches active at three auction sites. The only place I ever hear from is eBay. The others just don't have that kind of traffic. For the most visibility for a sale and the highest potential price, eBay is the place to go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here