Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
therahort

WANTED: Very old Workbasket Magazine issues

therahort
17 years ago

I would like any old or very old issues of Workbasket Magazine issues. It is no longer published, and was a very good little magazine that both my 96 year old mother and I enjoyed, and we would like any issues, especially of the earlier years of its publication. Please let me know what you are interested in exchanging for them, and if I have anything that you would like, we would appreciate a fair exchange.

Comments (127)

• Elizabeth Ritcheson
    3 years ago

I have tons of them what year u looking for my email bettyjo4573@gmail.com

• HU-511862123
    3 years ago

I have 10 issues.

1954; Vol. 19; Red, April, May, June, Aug & Sept.

Vol 20; Oct, Nov, Dec.

1955; Vol 20 Green, Jan

Red, March

• PRO
    Meg Koehler
    3 years ago

I have 4 The Workbasket magazines

-Volume 21 November, 1955

-Volume 20 December, 1954

-Volume 21 April, 1956

-Volume 21 May, 1956

• rita4253
    3 years ago

i‘m Looking to sell old workbaskets

• rita4253
    3 years ago

Years 1966 - 1995

• rita4253
    3 years ago

For sale

• Sarah May
    3 years ago

I have these issues looking to sell:

1948 V13 June- December

1949 V14 January, February, August

1950 V16 October

1952 V17 January & December

1953 V18 January, February, April, July

1954 V19 April, June, September, October,
    November

1955 V20 February, March, August

1956 V21 May & September

1957 V22 February, April- June, August,
    November, December

1958 V23 March- June, October

1959 V24 March, April, December

1960 V25 March, June, August, December

1961 V26 January, May, September, November

1982 V47 March, December

1988 V53 September

1991 V57 May, November

• Benita
    3 years ago

I am looking for any issues of Workbasket magazine. I'm an older disabled woman who enjoys crafts. I made quite a few things in the past from these magazines. They don't print this magazine anymore and I have tried my local thrift store to find any but have turned up nothing. I live in a small town so there are not many places to go and try to find them. I'm on a fixed income and can't really afford much. Please contact me at my email address of boutiqueabby@yahoo.com. I'm hesitant to put my mailing address out in the open. Thank you for your time.

• Patricia Tyre
    3 years ago

I have loads of them dating back to 1951

• Benita Blair
    3 years ago

Thank you Patricia. Please email me at boutiqueabby@yahoo.com when you get the opportunity.

• Benita Blair
    3 years ago

Thank you for those who sent me messages with what they have available. I'm specifically looking for magazines that contain afghans and chair head and arm rest patterns. I don't mind at all if a pdf of the pattern is sent. Just looking for projects in these two specific areas.

• Benita Blair
    3 years ago

Thank you for those that have fulfilled my wishes for chair head and arm rest patterns. Wonderful pdf versions that I can now attempt to make. Still looking for any unusual ripple type afghan patterns. PDF is okay as well.

• Sandi Metzger
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have 2 workbasket magazines from 1955. I would like to sell them. My email is smetz203@yahoo.com

• HU-362355927
    3 years ago

I have a bunch of these a couple so old they are a sheet of paper folded in 4. I am not able to find a date. Then I have a bunch of volume 9 - volume 20.

• s_a_m_wijnsma
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

The earliest ten years were like that. Look at our Workbasket page to see which cover matches yours. I've added the dates of each issue at the top. We're currently into the tenth year so you should be able to identify them all. We might still be missing some from the later volumes, so if you have volume / number or year / month that'd be helpful.

• Benita Blair
    3 years ago

HU-362355927 Please email me at boutiqueabby@yahoo.com. I am interested in what you may have.

• Benita Blair
    3 years ago

s_a_m_wijnsma Brings back memories of my mother and her issues of Workbasket. She had collected them since she was a young woman. I remember seeing the ones from the 1940's and 1950's. She made quite a few things from these books. Sadly, her home flooded one year and all was lost.

• s_a_m_wijnsma
    3 years ago

Benita, that's why we try to digitize every issue. Many people have fond memories of this publication, and we're so very happy with F+W Media's permission to scan and publish them all. It'll be a few years before it's done, but after that no flood will destroy them.

• HU-953518815
    3 years ago

I have several WorkBasket magazines. Starting with 1953. Please email me if interested. carla.darrah@yahoo.com

• PRO
    Paint drywall and more
    2 years ago

Send me an email have bunch of old 60s 70sIssues asesummerton1@gmail.com

• Bonnie Davis
    2 years ago

I have 6 work basket magazines from 1955 nov. Dec. Oct. And may June and july of 1955 interested in selling. Contact me but email thank you.

• Benita Blair
    2 years ago

Hi Bonnie, could you send me your email address so that I can contact you. Thanks!

• Benita Blair
    2 years ago

Chase, the email you provided comes back as undeliverable. Do you have another email address? Mine is boutiqueabby@yahoo.com.

• Barbara Arthur
    2 years ago

Rita4253, please email me at barthur95@yahoocom I am interested in the Workbasket magazines.

• PRO
    Paint drywall and more
    2 years ago

chasesummerton1@gmail.com

• HU-312170401
    2 years ago

I have a large box of workbasket issues i would like to sell

• Benita Blair
    2 years ago

Please email me at boutiqueabby@yahoo.com. I am interested in what you may have.

• HU-982370253
    2 years ago

I have a collection of Workbasket magazines (250+) for sale if anyone is interested. These date from way way back, at least the 1950's, up to the end of when they stopped printing this magazine. I would prefer to sell as a lot. Not sure if there is a great demand for these or not. My email is hendeeds@stny.rr.com....thank you

• HU-926124432
    2 years ago

I have Workbasket magazines from 70’s and 80’s. Also 6 dated from 1957 to 1964. Does anyone still collect these? Do not want to take to GoodWill or throw away.

• Benita Blair
    2 years ago

I am interested in them. Please email me at boutiqueabby@yahoo.com

• Cindy Windsor
    2 years ago

Hi I have a lot of old WorkBasket magazines and knitting and croquet magazines. I am will to give them a way. Who is interested?

• Marsha Ribes
    2 years ago

Have a lot ot WorkBasket magazines ranging from 1971 to 1989! Anybody interested?

• HU-784323932
    2 years ago

Anyone interested in these?

• Alayna Leblanc
    2 years ago

I have #5 of volume 25 workbasket and number 6 of volume 24 workbasket. My email alayna9293dawn@gmail.com

• HU-362355927
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I have volume 9-20 plus a volume 53 hit and miss on the numbers

mashaw_1@msn.com

• HU-420736267
    2 years ago

Linda Schmidt

I have old Workbasket magazines from 1977 & 1976 and one volume 19 October 1953. I would like to sell them. Please email me at:

lrettig16@frontier.com

• debbiej10
    2 years ago

Hi. I have some 1952-1967 if interested please let me know. Debbiej10@live.com. Thx.

• Gina Tremmel
    2 years ago

I have tons of them. Let's talk. sweetnuffins81@gmail.com

• HU-525996334
    2 years ago

I have issues of Workbasket that my mom had over the years. Starting with an October 1959 Anni issued. Also 1961-1996. Some years I have complete, some missing 1-4 issues. If interested please let me know. I don't want to throw them away or anything. Let's make a deal. Email me with any questions. My email is: marlakallen21@yahoo.com

• Charlene Montgomery
    last year

I have so many work basket magizines and do not know what to do with them

• HU-932543501
    last year

Would love to know what you did with them, as I am in the same position with some that were from both my grandmothers, my mother's and mine, so they go back fairly far. If you have a suggestion I would appreciate it Linda @ salinapalpurple@yahoo.com

• PRO
    Valerie Fiske - Park Company Realtors
    last year

I gave mine away to someone on this thread. They paid me for shipping.

• Benita
    last year

I use them for patterns to create things.

• Sam Bickford
    last year

I have a good few of these wondering what they are worth? Many are in really good shape.

• misteriouslady
    last year
    last modified: last year

I probably have the entire collection for sale.

View more here:

The Workbasket Collection

Contact me here.

• HU-471336422
    last year

I have a large box of these magazines. I don't need any money for them. Just you pay for the shipping and they are yours.

• Benita Blair
    last year

That would be wonderful. Please let me know what the shipping cost is so that I could send you a money order.

• HU-875740636
    last year

Hello, i have a large number of workbasket magazines from 50s and 60s if anyone is interested. I will give to you for price of postage. My email is danderson129@comcast.net

• HU-250448056
    4 months ago

I have 8 issues: July 1949 - February 1950. Happy to send them to you for just postage. Contact me at annavery55@gmail.com

• Justin Duran
    last month

Sponsored