Return to the Fiber & Needle Arts Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Nursing homes

Posted by Maggie4 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 20, 03 at 10:46

I think I posted on the wrong forum so I'll do it here too. I wanted some small patters for Ideas for people in Nursing homes. Does anyone have any Ideas? Just thought I could make some sm gifts.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Nursing homes

I always like slippers or booties or a small blanket made of the softest fleece. I also think a pretty Kleenex holder would be appreciated. Hope this helps.

o

I think the small and useful gift of a container to hold the med. to lrg. safety pins is a useful gift. Our local dollar store sells safety pins and you can make many of these for pennies each. It can be sewed in any basic size and velcro can be the closure. If you were looking to do something larger a small lap quilt that fits someone sitting in a wheel chair and the other thing that works well for elderly or wheelchair bound people is a small wooly pillow for their backs.

o

I love the wheelchair caddy pattern at the following site. It makes up pretty quick and is a good way to use up those leftover skeins of yarn.

Here is a link that might be useful: Small Wheelchair Caddy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fiber & Needle Arts Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here