Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jess869

HAVE: My first picture of a quilted postcard

Jess869
18 years ago

I hope this works. first time I did a picture and I did test it but.........we shall see

{{gwi:1516005}}
Here goes. Wish me luck.

Comments (7)

• sisters
    18 years ago

Very lovely Jess, are you actually going to mail it? Or is this something new to do?
    Sisters

• Jess869
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It's not really new but, yes you do mail them. I saw them somewhere and loved the idea and joined a group , there are quite a few and they are free. They are swaps and to mail in the US is 37 cents, Canada is 60 and abroad is 80. I really enjoy creating these little treasures. put fabric postcards in your search and you will find them.

• Mamasue
    18 years ago

Jess....I have been lurking at some blogs and noticed this great fiber art. I am interested and bought some stabilizer today to give it try. Yours looks great! What group did you join? I have everything to put one together but a pigma pen to write on the muslin. I seem to be having a hard time finding one. Thanks for sharing.

• Cherra
    18 years ago

Am just new here and am getting interested in embellishment as I have received a Babylock Embellisher from DH. Jess, your postcard pic is no longer here and you said in another post that you have posted the directions. Could you reply and tell me where? I would love to read them. Thanks and hope you get this.

• Jess869
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Cherra
    If you go to fiberpostcards@yahoogroup.com, it is a group you can join and all the instructions are there , it is free to join and there is no obligation if you decide you don't want to join any swaps you just don't. There are a lot of pictures and you can read the messages once you join. I have beena member for about 6 months and have 2 albums of postcards I have received from all over the world. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures, cause they weren't backed up. Go to yahoo groups and you will see it. If you don't get there write again to my e-mail. Good luck

• Jess869
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The posrcard has to be 4" x 6" I use fast to fuse because you can press fabric on both sides-- one side is your design side and the other the address side. both fabric--you can print on fabic to make your design, draw, paint, embroider, quilt or do fiber art for your design. press finish design on the fusible stabelizer and I use muslin on the other side. A close zig zag to finish your edges is nice and looks good. Some people do just close stitching and embellish with eyelash yarn or other fibers, you can bead or almost anything as long as it does not exceed 1/8 inch in thickness. E-mail me and I will give you the name of a group cause I don't think they are going to allow me to say. Bye

• Cherra
    18 years ago

Thank you very much. That is very helpful. Haven't seen fast to fuse- is it like a wonder under? I might take a look at those pictures on the other groups too as I haven't made any postcards -yet-but I seem to try everything at least once! Thanks for the tips!!!!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County