Return to the Fiber & Needle Arts Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: info on an old quilt

Posted by Annette428 (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 12 at 23:24

My mother-in-law gave me this old quilt that she said either her grand mother or great grand mother made. She remembers sleeping under it as a child at her grand mother's home. It has all the hand embroidering of a crazy quilt, but the fabrics are very thick tapestry and it was machine sewn together in brick size rectangles. I would include a photo if I knew how. I would love some information on possible dates for this quilt.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: info on an old quilt

Not much anyone can tell you without seeing it. Sounds nice though.

o

see quilt photo below.

o

Cool quilt!

You might post it on the Quilting Forum.

Best luck!

o

could have been upholstery samples as well, looks lovely, hope you can manage to use it yet, or make a wall hanging out of it. Yes, do try the quit forum, and then try HGTV forums, they too have quilt group and are very helpful.
I remember sleeping under such a quilt when I was young, and I am in my 70's, after we got the covers over top of us, we never turned over all nite, were far too heavy, this was long before these light batts were ever available, and quilting made use of whatever was at hand. good luck in your quest!

o

That's exactly what it looks like to me, upholstery samples. I have it displayed in my home. thanks for your response, shaddy101.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fiber & Needle Arts Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here