Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annette428

WANTED: info on an old quilt

Annette428
11 years ago

My mother-in-law gave me this old quilt that she said either her grand mother or great grand mother made. She remembers sleeping under it as a child at her grand mother's home. It has all the hand embroidering of a crazy quilt, but the fabrics are very thick tapestry and it was machine sewn together in brick size rectangles. I would include a photo if I knew how. I would love some information on possible dates for this quilt.

Comments (5)

• qwkslver
    11 years ago

Not much anyone can tell you without seeing it. Sounds nice though.

• Annette428
    Original Author
    11 years ago

see quilt photo below.

• sylviatexas1
    11 years ago

Cool quilt!

You might post it on the Quilting Forum.

Best luck!

• shaddy101
    11 years ago

could have been upholstery samples as well, looks lovely, hope you can manage to use it yet, or make a wall hanging out of it. Yes, do try the quit forum, and then try HGTV forums, they too have quilt group and are very helpful.
    I remember sleeping under such a quilt when I was young, and I am in my 70's, after we got the covers over top of us, we never turned over all nite, were far too heavy, this was long before these light batts were ever available, and quilting made use of whatever was at hand. good luck in your quest!

• Annette428
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That's exactly what it looks like to me, upholstery samples. I have it displayed in my home. thanks for your response, shaddy101.