Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauralex_gw

WANTED: Bucilla , Lasetta, etc. Easy Weave afghan patterns

lauralex
17 years ago

I am interested in trading afghan or pillow weaving patterns. The weaving is done with yarn on a mesh fabric (no knit, no crochet). Several companies made kits for these under the names of Bucilla Easy to Weave, Lasetta, Mary Maxim, Herrschners, etc. I have the following patterns to offer in trade:

1. Craft leaflet with 4 afghan patterns with 4 matching pillows (it has a Plaid, Rose, Country Hearts, and Potpourri)...none of the patterns in this leaflet were ever sold as a kit.

2. Bucilla "Blue Diamonds"

3. Bucilla "Daisy"

4. Lasetta "Chevron"

5. Herrschner "Romance"

6. Lasetta "Country Hearts" pillow

7. Lasetta "Baby Clown"

8. Mary Maxim "Southwest"

9. Bucilla "Brown Aran"

1. Lasetta "Jennifer"
  2. Lasetta "Petit Fleur"

Comments (42)

• williamsburgjane
    17 years ago

Lauralex, I will go thru my patterns in the next few days and see what I have to trade! Iam so excited to find someone else that does this stuff too! Yippee! Jane

• williamsburgjane
    17 years ago

Lauralex, Just wondering if you have been receiving my emails? Jane

• lauralex
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Your 6/3/06 email is the first one I have received. I have been having trouble with e-mails being automatically deleted by the system lately. I thought I had it fixed. I sent two emails to you...did you get them? Let's try again. Send me a test email directly to :

akrupa@cinci.rr.com

and then add a post to the message board so I know your email was sent. Barb

• williamsburgjane
    17 years ago

I just sent another email to you. jane

• sandralewis
    15 years ago

Has anyone ever tried dyeing the weaving mesh cloth? I don't really care for the white showing. Just wondering if you tried it how did it work out? Just finished my first piece. they called it baby blanket size, it's too long and not wide enough for a baby blanket. Guess you have to buy a larger piece and cut to size. I've seen a baby blanket in a heart shape but I can't draw a heart. I'm wondering how I could get a heart shape and enlarge it don't know where to get it from? I have been watching video's of knitting and it really looks pretty easy. I may try that too! It's official, I'm middle age and knitting! LOL it's for any age though. I just don't understand the written directions. I have to watch it being done in order to do it.

• sandralewis
    15 years ago

They say there are only two easy stiches to knitting. If thats so I wonder about all the differnt patterns. Ordered two dvd's for crockig and knitting. Only $7.99 each. I'll have my hands in about three different crafts. You get excited and then you can't stop Barb, if you're reading this I have an envelope coming your way and as you see I found the site again.

• mhooper
    15 years ago

Recently someone gave me the kit for the Bucilla "Daisy" weave Afghan however, the pattern was not included. I would be interested in obtaining either a copy or buying it if the price is reasonable. Let me know

• jeach
    15 years ago

I bought a Lasetta Irish candlewick afghan kit at a church thrift shop but it didn't have the instructions in it. Like the note above I would be interested in obtaining a copy or buying it if the price is reasonable. Can anyone help? thanks

• lauralex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

For jeach and mhooper

I have the pattern for the Daisy and Irish Candlewick afghans. Please send me your address and I will be happy to send you copies of the instructions. My email is akrupa@cinci.rr.com

If I don't respond in a day or two, it means I didn't get the email...post another message here for me

• lauralex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I now have many more patterns in my collection (more than I can possibly list here). If anyone needs copies of patterns, please email me at akrupa@cinci.rr.com

• kimmy_2009
    14 years ago

I would love to get my hamds on just about every pattern you have. I have discovered recently this way of crafting and excited to get started. I am so excited to have found this forum.

kimlovesavon@hotmail.com

• jan_leiter_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I have been looking for the mesh to hand weave. I have an old kit I got from Bucilla (blue and camel ribbons woven afghan kit #37012) If anyone can help me I would be so excited. Thanking you in advance. Jan

• williamsburgjane
    13 years ago

Hi Jan, If you are looking for the afghan mesh fabric, Joann Fabric.com has it. Look under utility fabrics, then its listed as mesh fabric. Its around $2.99 a yard.

• glhgbatb21_gmail_com
    13 years ago

do you know where i can get the needle to weave the afghans with,i lost mine in the move and would like to weave some more afghans...really loved it

• stoppe5_embarqmail_com
    12 years ago

I bought a kit-Lasetts Country duck Afghan-Article #L1l0-the needle is missing. (special long weaving needle) Thanks

• judykaywilliamson
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info on where to get more of the fabric to weave the Lasetta afghans. I ordered 12 yards today from Joann's. I was so glad to see that there were others who also liked to do this...

• williamsburgjane
    12 years ago

You can probably find them(needle) at a craft supply store or fabric store. The original ones are 5 inch long, they are in doll supply section (if they have one) sometimes too. If no luck, let me know and I'll search my craft room and see if I can find an extra one or 2.

• mcbridemary_yahoo_ca
    12 years ago

I have a kit from National Yarn Craft with Lasetta afghan supplies given to me by someone who was unable to do the craft and some of the directions for the pattern but it seems to be missing diagrams on how to do the overweave e.g. double zig zag, popcorn and single zig zag. The kit came from NationalYarn Crafts, Pattern is "Shannon Lasetta Afghan" Article #L150. Can anyone suggest where I might look for the pattern. Thanks

• lauralex
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Scanned instruction files have been emailed to you for the Shannon afghan. FYI everyone...I don't get notified when someone posts to this thread. I you need info or patterns (and I have a lot) please email me directly @ akrupa@cinci.rr.com. If I don't respond in a day or two try again. Barb

• carla2292001_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I am so happy to see that I am not the only person looking for these patterns. I thought this was a lost hope until I found your post. I tried to find the kits however I can not find them anywhere. My grandmother bought me a Lassitta kit when I was very young and I am looking for any of these kits or instructon sheets. Can you help me out with one of these?

• gsturr_shaw_ca
    12 years ago

I have tried several places and can't find the weaving mesh. Lots of books and Jo-Ann's still doesn't ship to Canada. Does anyone know of a Canadian source our one from the US that ships to Canada?
    Thank you so much for any help.

Gale, Surrey, B.C.

• mlynn54
    11 years ago

I know all of these posts were quite some time ago, but if anyone is still interested in the mesh fabric used to make these woven afghans it can be found at Hobby Lobby http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/afghan-mesh-large-cut-943522/ The current price is $12.99 for 2 1/2 yds x 45".
    I don't have any patterns to exchange, but am very interested in any that are available, or sources where I might find some.
    Thanks

• ShirleyWaters
    11 years ago

We were cleaning out a storage facility after a death in the family and came across an unopened easy to weave afghan callled "Rosebuds". Being a crafter myself i have opened and started the afghan. it is beautiful. I would gladly share the pattern. I would also like to find more easy to weave patterns.

• williamsburgjane
    11 years ago

Hi, if anyone wants to buy a complete kit, there are about 5 or 6 kits on Ebay for auction. Some of them seem sort of high to me, but if you keep watching someone will have a reasonable price. A way to get you started and really see if its what you want to do. I love it! and have been
    working with the fabric for quite a few years. My big problem is getting my fringe even, the yarn does have a habit of stretching at times.

• GrammyB12
    10 years ago

Susan Bates brand offers a 5 inch weaving that should work fine for lasetta or bucilla. I am trying this weaving for the first time, but am having a hard time finding info and patterns. I was doing Swedish embroidery, but the Monks cloth is so expensive and I am disabled and on a fixed income as well. Is anyone else having problems with the utility mesh cloth that Joann's offers as stated in the one posting? I want to try it, but do not want to waste my money. Can anyone recommend any other cloth for Swedish embroidery other than Monks cloth or huck cloth. Huck cloth is too narrow and I do not want to splice or piece my project. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

• GrammyB12
    10 years ago

Susan Bates has a 5 inch weaving needle. Sorry for the typo

• cpaz
    9 years ago

i have been doing the same lasetta pattern for 30 + years ready to try a different one! I would really appreciate it if anyone would be willing to mail me a pattern or 2. I am curious if there was ever a list made of all the different kits made. I was given a kit 40 years ago due to cerebral palsy I cannot knit or crochet but I can weave using my right hand. I do not have a working computer at home so I have to go to the library. I can email my mailing address privately. thank you so much.

• shoileeee
    9 years ago

I am just getting back into this after being away for many years. I have gotten a couple of kits on Ebay but find that they are quite expensive. I have found the mesh at Joann Fabrics.com but would like to get some patterns. The kits I have now are Bucilla Diamond Quilt. Lasetta Plus Country Duck and Lasetta Plus Rainbow afghans. I would be willing to trade those instructions for some other ones

• shoileeee
    9 years ago

Sorry I haven't been on the computer. I have gotten 9 kits total now off Ebay. As soon as I get them all. I will post what I have and we can exchange what we both want and need. I should have all of them by end of next week.

• LynStu56
    9 years ago

Hi, I just discovered the afghan mesh at Hobby Lobby and if anyone has any patterns they are willing to share, I would really appreciate it.
    birkstu56@yahoo.com
    This looks like so much fun. Bet it is relaxing, too.
    Thanks so much!

• rmiddlet
    9 years ago

My wife has a Lasetta Plus Plaid Afgan Plus kit (Article no. L66), but is having trouble understanding what to do on the edges. There seem to be two different sets of instructions for this, but neither are clear to either of us. Can anyone explain it better, or is there a video of that anywhere?

Thanks,
    Roger

• shoileeee
    9 years ago

which edges? the sides or the top and bottom...on most of the afghans you fold the edges under and baste them down before starting the afghan, then weave them in with the yarn. The top and bottom on most of them you leave about 6 inches of yarn hanging and then when you have 6 strands you tie a knot in them. When you are done with the afghan you trim the fringe so they all match. I am not familiar with the afghan she is doing and I don't know of any videos since these kits are so old. Hope this helps...

• afghbear
    9 years ago

I just bought "Afghan Mesh at is 21/2 yds. x 45" . 2.28m x 114.30cm

100% Polyester. 8 holes/inch made by James Thompson & Co. I had seen an afghan made of this stuff years ago (20-25) and lost the magazine it was in. I have now found the mash but can't find a pattern and was wondering if any of you would be willing to help me in getting started in making an afghan. I have plenty of yarn and if this isn't enough mesh maybe someone could even help me in telling me where I could order some more. I have always wanted to make an afghan and am no good at knitting or crocheting so I hope maybe I can make some this way. Very excited about learn this new craft I hope someone out there is willing to help me in my venture.

• sdeere55
    8 years ago

I am so glad I found this site as I am also looking for patterns for the afghan mesh. I have two patterns from kits I had bought years ago and would happy to send copies and trade with anyone. One is for an afghan kit # 37012, Bucilla Blue & Camel Ribbons. The other pattern is for a pillow Easy Weave 505 "Romance". I have been looking for more patterns for several years, and they can't be found anywhere. I have a piece of the mesh 72' x 50' and would like to get weaving on it. Thanks to anyone willing to trade patterns with me. Sue

• shoileeee
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I have found the mesh at Hobby Lobby and Joann's online. They didn't carry much at Hobby Lobby but can order it for you. I ordered it from Joann's online and it is called Mesh Utility Fabric White. I can email patterns and pictures of what I have uploaded so far. Let me know. If you go to my profile, I have created an ideabook with pictured. Message me and I can email patterns and pictures.

• harold_mclachlan
    8 years ago

JUST RECEIVE LASETTAPLUS SHANNON AFGHAN KIT I BELONG TO SENIORS CLUB.I HAVE MAIN INSTRUCTION SHEET BUT LOST CENTER SHEET WITH THE STITCHES ON IT.DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS SHEET I WOULD REALLY APPRICIATE IT THANKS SUE

• ellyb711
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I'm looking for the instructions for the Bucilla "Diamond in the Square" easy-to-weave afghan. Would also like any directions on a wrap/shawl pattern, would like to duplicate one my grandmother let me borrow for graduation years ago! If anyone has anything you could send a pdf to my email or contact me for my snail mail address. Thanks ! ellyb711@hotmail.com

• Jolene Gentile
    7 years ago

I am trying to start a bucilla easy to weave afghan. I am following the written directions on preparing the cloth but it is not possible to line up the holes. Can anyone give me some pointers?

• 12crv969
    7 years ago

I am looking for patterns for weaving on afghan mesh, please.

• akrupa77
    6 years ago

I am the original person to post on this website (lauralex) many years ago. I haven't posted on here for many years though. I have many, many more afghan weaving patterns (far more than the few I originally listed). If anyone needs copies of the patterns/instructions I can be reached at akrupa@cinci.rr.com.

• HU-83616068949
    5 years ago

Hi I'm new to houzz, I have a lasetta -lullaby coverlet baby afghan kit that I've had since the 80s-90s, I have the instructions, but still can't figure it out as it seems to contradict itself. Can anyone help, does anyone have a you tube clip of how to do these thanks

Sponsored
Elegant Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
VA & DC's Finest General Contractor