Return to the Fiber & Needle Arts Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Guatemalan cotton for shipping$

Posted by becky_jean (beckyjean46@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Apr 1, 06 at 8:42

I have rolls of handwoven Guatemalan cotton to give for the cost of shipping.
I used to have a belt/sash home business that I used this for. Too much trouble to try to sell on ebay or whatever. Would love for someone with appreciation of its beauty to have it.
Can email pics, yardage, more on colors, Ikat patterns, etc. if interested.
I REALLY need to downsize my fabric "stash"!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Guatemalan cotton for shipping$

I would love to see images. Think I'm interested.

You can contact me at: sistersunnie@msn.com

o

Wow! I'd love to use some of these! I have been addicted to the lovely, brilliant colors of Guatamalan items since I bought a small, zippered coin bag 25 years ago from a priest raising money for villagers!

My daughter has a small Josephina American Girl doll, who is Mexican, I know, but she and her doll would look great in matching SOMETHINGs (my daughter is also Mex-Am).

Ideas for the somethings would be great, too. I'm a novice at sewing things, but have pleased my family with my few attempts.

Thanks for considering!
April

o

My husband and I are buying our first house, and he just agreed this morning to let me paint the dining room cochineal red and make the seat pads, napkins, tablecloth... from Guatemalan cotton. Jaspeados everywhere!

Please let me know if you have anything left.

o

I received my stash today. I am really pleased. The lady offering this is really sweet. Just email her and see what she has. She will email pictures to you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fiber & Needle Arts Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here