Return to the Fiber & Needle Arts Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: 'Home is Where the Heart Is' ribbon (pic)

Posted by lurblueVa (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 3, 05 at 22:26

I was making a hooded baby bath towel and ran out of the ribbon themed "Home is Where the Heart Is". I only need 27 inches and was so sad to learn it is no longer available where I purchased it and I cannot find a supplier. Does anyone have any extra of this polyester ribbon? Here is what it looks like:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: 'Home is Where the Heart Is' ribbon (pic)

Can you remember what store you purchase it at? If it is a large chain and there is one in my city, I wouldn't mind looking there for you.

o

Yes, I bought it at Michael's. I have contacted Offray who manufactured this ribbon and they no longer carry it, either. It is called Gear Kids III, Primary Gear, #1451, 7/8", 23MM, 100% polyester. Thanks.

o
I'll check it out

Lurblue, I will see if I can by our local Michael's tonight or tomorrow and check it out for you.

o

Lurblue, no luck at the Michael's by where I work. I have another two to check closer to my house. I will let you know.

o

I'm sorry, Lurblue. I checked two more Michael's and a Walmart and a Joanne's (they also carry Offray ribbon) and no luck at all.

o

Thanks so much for all your effort, Donna. Loretta

o

Hi,
I was browsing this forum a week or so ago and read your post. Well today I was looking in a material shop and saw the ribbon you are after. BUT, I am in Australia so if you still want some, I'm happy to send some on. They also had it in the pastels and an alphabet to match.
If you still need it, and are happy to wait a week or so until the kids are back at school, just email me at jsbryce@bigpond.net.au.
Sheena - Australia

o

Thanks, SheenaB, I sent you an email today with my mailing information. I am so excited that you found this ribbon! What company carries it? Loretta

o

Here's the finished hooded baby bath towel. It is being mailed to my husband's cousin in Connecticut today for their baby boy. I had about a foot of ribbon left over after stitching the strip needed to complete the right-hand length. Thanks again, SheenaB!

o

You did a masterful job on that cute little bath robe, Loretta.

I am just absolutely amazed at the wonders of forums like this and the Internet... that you could request a bit of ribbon from your home in Virginia and get it from Sheena in Australia!! How wonderful!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fiber & Needle Arts Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here