Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gazelle edge--How long is a good workout?

Posted by Don_na_na (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 14, 04 at 18:39

I just got a Gazelle Edge, but since I bought it from the previous owner, I don't have a workout video. For any of you who own one--how long do you consider a good workout? Do you workout for 20 mins? 30 min? Go 2 miles?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gazelle edge--How long is a good workout?

Most programs recommend starting out at 20 mins. for a minimum of 3 times a week and gradually increasing at a rate that is comfortable for you. Also, if you have any health problems you should get approval from your physician prior to starting.
How do you like your Gazelle? My husband and I (40ish) are thinking about getting one but I'd like to hear from people who already own one.

o

I have a Gazelle, a treadmill and a recumbent bike. I use them all but love my Gazelle.

o

My Gazelle went into the back part of the basement for our Christmas party. I think it's time to pull it back out. When I was starting on it, 10 minutes or long enough to really start huffing just didn't do it. I found that I need to go until I actually sweated. I know that sounds gross, but the 20-30 minute mark was the best.

Lately my blood pressure has gotten much higher, though my weight has been stable (still far, far too high) for a few years. One of my doctors is having fits about it, so I'm hoping a few times a week on the Gazelle will help me bring it back under control. I do not want to turn to medicine yet. However, I'm extremely sensitive to sodium. Still, with good home eating (use menus from savingdinner.com) and exercise, I really believe I can get my BP down and avoid medicine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here