Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
exercise ball

Posted by Ocean (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 01 at 18:42

Does anyone use an exercise ball in their workouts. I've ben doing a routine with the recumbent bike & upperbody weight workout. They are both great. I love them. I have been trying to add in a Abdominal workout but no matter what I do they all make my lower back and neck really sore. Not good since I run a home daycare and have to be able to pick up the kids. I got an exercise ball today - hoping that using it for an AB workout will take some pressure off my neck and lower back. Anyone have any experience with these things? Any tips?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: exercise ball

I use an exercise ball but just started to do it. My exercise ball came with instructions and examples. There are some exercises that I do on the ball that aren't with the instructions. I can photocopy the instructions for you if you would like or scan them and send them to you in an email.

One of the things I do is sit on the ball and walk myself out so that my knees are at right angles on the floor and my back is on the ball. Then I put my hands behind my head and do mini sit ups. This helps the abdominals.

One other is to sit on the ball and then balance and raise a leg one at a time and hold the leg up for a count of 10. These two exercises I didn't see on the instructions. Trying to raise my two legs at the same time is almost impossible for me at least. I'm still a klutz with the ball but each day gets a bit better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here