Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
omega3???

Posted by miked (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 01 at 16:32

Has anyone heard of the omega 3 acid/oil???. I believe it's derivde from fish oil. I was wondering if there are certain types of fish that have a higher concentrate of this oil, and if so, which ones?

Thanks for you help with this question.

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: omega3???

You can get omega 3 from certain oily fish e.g. salmon or certain seeds e.g. flax seeds (or flax oil or Udo's oil - I take a tablespoon of udo's oil every day and sprinkle sunflower and flax seeds in my cereal)

I cut and paste this info from an article but there is lots of info out there on this subject, type it into a search engine and you fill find loadds of links:

The chart below gives the amount of Omega-3 fatty acids youd expect to find in a fish. About 20% of the Omega-3 fatty acids in these fish will be EPA, so you need to get about 6g of Omega-3s to reach the prevention level. This is equivalent to eating 250g of mackerel a week.

Fish (3.5oz, 100g, uncooked)
Omega 3s (g)

Mackerel, Atlantic
Herring, Atlantic
Tuna, Bluefin
Salmon, Coho
Turbot (flatfish)
Bass, striped
Trout, rainbow
Shrimp
Halibut, Pacific
Flounder*/Sole

*Analysis on cooked fish

o

also check this link:
http://www.efaconf.org/en/bj.htm

o

Great info ,
anyone for smoked oysters......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here