Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question regarding exercise website/supplier

Posted by barbara0806 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 01 at 15:22

What have you found to be the best exercise website (for tips) and the best supplier (in terms of inexpensive products) for exercise needs?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question regarding exercise website/supplier

QVC has alot of equipment for reasonable prices. Go to mysimon and compare as well. Also I would get ratings from Epinions.
Jainie S

o
RE: question regarding exercise website/supplier

I'll post the link to ExRx below. GREAT place for checking out strength training workouts (there's a little movie of the exercise being performed on each page).

Also a caveat to ordering from infomercials or QVC - you get what you pay for...if you're looking for a home treadmill/elliptical/etc., I'd suggest going to Sears, SportMart, or Play it Again Sports and **try before you buy**. Yeah, I know, QVC has the 30-day money back guarantee but think of what a hassle it'll be to keep the packaging, repackage, and ship back a large item. Not to mention that YOU have to pay the return shipping out of pocket!

My top two suggestions for home exercise equipment:

For strength training: Check out PowerBlocks. They are so neat - it's a set of adjustable dumbbells that takes up very little room and you can adjust from 5 pounds up to 100+ (depending on what model you buy). If you have wrist problems these are also a good choice ergonomically. PowerBlocks are being carried by a lot of exercise equipment dealers (FitnessWize is one in my area) or you can check 'em out on www.powerblocks.com. Trust me that you CAN INDEED get a full strength training workout with just dumbbells and an adjustable bench!

Cardio top choice: If you have a decent bike (road or mountain) look into buying a WIND TRAINER. Most professional cyclists rely on wind trainers to keep up during the wet/rainy/snowy seasons when they can't ride outdoors. These can REALLY give you a workout! Best of all, they are very compact once you remove your bike - fits nicely into a closet. They come in a wide range of prices - just keep in mind that the less expensive ones are going to be a lot noisier than the pricier models. Any well-stocked bike shop should carry at least one model for you to try out. Check eBay for great prices!

Hope that helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: ExRx.net - strength training exercises galore!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here