Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any opinions on teeth whitening?

Posted by Ginny_Ca (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 14, 03 at 13:57

I am interested in having my teeth whitened. My dentist told me about two methods-the first method requires me to wear trays an hour a night 3-4 times a week. The other is a one time laser light treatment that last for approximately 6-12 months. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion of which method would be better.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any opinions on teeth whitening?

I don't have any knowledge of these techniques, but the one time treatment sounds easier! Do you know what the cost comparison is?

o

I had the treatment using the tray and it wasn't cheap - $250.00. It did work, though. However, my daughter just bought the teeth whitening system over the counter and it worked for her. Don't have any experience with the laser method.

o

the bleaching systems- ALL of them- are short-term fixes unless you folow them up with having those whiter teeth bonded- which is pricey, but would be worth it if it really mattered that much... but then, if it really mattered, none of us would ever touch another cup of coffee ; )

from what I have seen, the over-the-counter strips work just as well as the slime-in-a-mouthpiece methods, at a tenth the price...

and I'm noticing that my friend (who used to be a dental hygenist, and is now an aesthetician with a string of certificates) won't go near them, sell them, or recommend them to any of her clients...

that tells ME all I need to know.

o

I used an at home kit after I quit smoking. The results were amazing. I wouldn't smile a lot because my teeth were yellow from smoking. I think it depends on how bad the teeth are discolored. Mine weren't very bad. If they are badly stained, a professional solution may be needed. The kit I used says it's good for lightening the teeth up to ten shades. This is what I use:

Here is a link that might be useful: GoSmile

o

I just finished up a box of Crest Strips and they worked very well. A friend of mine even noticed how white my teeth were and she didnt know I had used the strips.

These were twice a day for 30 mins each time. And use for 7 days. It did say results could be seen in 3 days and it was right.

Highly recommended.

o

Well if you're looking for teeth whitening, I ordered a free trial just the other day. I'm yet to try it but it seems quite promising. Here's the link: www.illumi-brite.com

Here is a link that might be useful: www.illumi-brite.com

o

Most of the Teeth whitening systems use Hydrogen Perioxide. You can buy a bottle of it and use Q-tips to apply it and leave on for about 30 min. Also, brushing with Baking Soda works pretty well. A lot CHEAPER than all this other stuff!!!

o

I would like to correct a misconception about stains on teeth at least according to my dentist. I thought my tea drinking had stained my teeth and the dentist's hygienist told me teeth do not stain. When you see a stain it is stains on the tarter build up. When she was finished cleaning the stains were gone. The dentist confirmed this when I questioned him.

The only thing I know about whitening teeth is that reports are coming in about thinning enamel due to whitening. I have seen a few celebs on TV and their teeth are white as snow. It is what your eyes immediately go to instead of the face of the person.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here